Porcupine Meatballs are a simple, budget friendly weeknight meal that the family will love.
They were a favorite of mine growing up, and now, it hands down one of the top 5 most requested dinners by all four of my kids... and the hubby a.k.a. "Big Kid."
They are easy to throw together, using condensed tomato soup, minute rice and a few items you will most likely have around all of the time.
They cook on the stove top in less than 30 minutes, and can be made ahead and baked in the oven.
Our favorite way to eat them is with a yummy baked potato, my kids love the sauce so much, it's even become their "potato topper!"
porcupine meatballs
Don't get "stuck" looking for something easy for dinner. Try making porcupine meatballs.
With the 6 simple ingredients this recipe takes, you'll have dinner on the table in a jiffy!
I cook for a family of six, so remember, if this seems like a lot, this recipe is easily cut in half.
Porcupine Meatballs
2 lbs ground beef
2 cans tomato soup
2 eggs
1 1/4 c Minute rice, uncooked
2 t. Worcestershire Sauce
dry Parsley
Salt and Pepper
1 c Water
Combine beef with eggs, 1 t. of Worcestershire Sauce and rice.
Form into balls. (don't make them too big or they tend to fall apart easier)
Place in skillet, combine soup, 1 t. Worcestershire and water. Pour over balls. Sprinkle with dry parsley, and salt and pepper.
Simmer about 20 minutes, turning meatballs over from time to time, and stirring so they don't stick. When meatballs are no longer pink in center they are done.
I always serve these with a baked potato with sour cream. Pairs perfectly!
I typically make these in the skillet, but I have baked them in the oven.
They bake about the same time as a meat loaf, depending on how much ground beef you are using.
Enjoy!!


I love this recipe..I use to make it for my oldest when he was little and his little fingers couldn't go fast enough. Thanks for the little smile to my day! I'm making these this coming week!
ReplyDeleteRice in meatballs? Can't wait to try this, I'm always looking for ways to change up ground beef.
ReplyDeletePorcupine Meatballs are one of my family's favourite meals!!! Hubby likes them because they are like cabbage rolls without the cabbage, LOL.
ReplyDelete