Friday, December 27, 2013

Potato Cheddar Soup


I have made this recipe for YEARS!
I cut it out of some flyer that I received in the mail, and have long since forgotten where it came from.

I was never a fan of potato soup as a kid, but this one had me sold.
I think it's the tang of the cheese and sour cream that makes it different?
That and I LOVE celery!

Serve it with some crusty sourdough bread and life just.got.good.

Enjoy!



Potato Cheddar Soup

4 stalks of celery, chopped
1 cup Julianned carrots
2 small onion, diced
4 potatoes, cubed
4 Tablespoons butter
32 oz Chicken broth or a little more, make sure you cover the veggies
3 cans cream of potato soup
16 ounces sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
salt and pepper to taste

In your soup pot, melt butter.  Add the celery and onion and saute for about 5-7 minutes.
Add potatoes and carrots, cover with chicken broth, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until your veggies are your desired tenderness.  ( I like mine a little firmer)
Add to this your cream of potato soup and sour cream, combine.
Add 1 cup of cheddar, stir.

Soup is done!

Top with more shredded cheddar, and serve with a warm piece of crusty sour dough bread!

I have made this in the crock pot.  Cook veggies in broth on low all day, add cream ingredients when you get home, stir and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. My readers mean the world to me!