About a week ago, I made a recipe for Lemon Brownies, and they were awesome!
So, when a good friend of mine was talking about them, I decided to make her a batch.
When I was making them, I took my lemons from my fruit bowl, and saw these really yummy oranges and tangelos I have been buying. They have been really flavorful and juicy and I thought, I bet this would be a good version of the lemon!
Turns out I was RIGHT!
My hubby thinks they are even better than the lemon, which is good, because better on his hips than mine, right? ;)
When I went to type the recipe though, I got to thinking, they needed a different name.
When I found the recipe for the lemon brownies, I had never heard of such a thing?
Lemon BARS yes, brownies, no?
To me brownies were always brown, and blondies weren't right?
So, I decided to call these Fresh Orange Bars, instead. Even though, it's virtually the same recipe.
Fresh Orange Bars
for the bars:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons orange Zest
2 Tablespoons orange Juice
*You will need to zest and juice 2 large oranges or tangelos (or one of each) *
for the glaze:
4 Tablespoons orange juice
8 Tablespoons orange zest
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 baking dish.
Zest and juice your oranges and set aside.
For the bars: whisk together, eggs, zest and juice and set aside.
In your mixer cream butter, add sugar and flour and salt and combine.
Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, do not over bake.
For glaze: combine sugar, zest and juice and whisk until smooth.
Pour over the bars and place in the refrigerator to set.
Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. My readers mean the world to me!