It seems I am always buying bananas.
I think my husband and youngest son are part monkey.
There is one thing about bananas though...
they have a small window of time they are considered
"perfect" in our house.
Buy them green: too hard
Green to slightly yellow: still a little to firm
Almost all yellow (but NO brown spots!): PERFECT!! Eat! Eat! EAT!!
Next day: still okay, but better eat them quick!
Brown spots appearing: they sit on the counter until I use them, or freeze them.
I used to put them in a zip top bag, now I just put them directly in the freezer!
When you want to put a banana in a smoothie, or in your bread you have a hankerin' for, they are right there, perfectly ripe, and perfectly ready.
Using in a smoothie is even easier, peel and throw it in the blender frozen.
For bread, they defrost rather quickly sitting on your counter.
You can slice it down the side with a knife, or just cut the end off and squeeze it out like soft serve ice cream!
Don't throw away those 'naners!!
Put them to good use!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. My readers mean the world to me!