Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Italian Wonder Pot




It's got to be too good to be true, right?

Right?




You add uncooked pasta to some fresh and some canned ingredients, 
throw some spices in, stick the lid on
and in 20 minutes, you have dinner?

It's got to be too good to be true.

But it's NOT!!

I see things like this on Pinterest, and I am skeptical.
Then I hear that people try them and they WORK!!

Well, I wanna try too!!!!
(insert whiny 3 year old voice here)

 So I DID!!

and holy pasta batman!

IT WORKED!



This was AMAZING.
We LOVED it!!

This has been all over Pinterest, and from what I can gather, it originated as a Martha Stewart recipe.  If I got that wrong, someone correct me, because I want to give credit where credit is due on this fast, easy and delicious meal! It seems everyone changes it up just a smidgen to their own liking.

I loved how it turned out, but next time, I will add artichokes!



Italian Wonder Pot

1 - 12 ounce box of pasta, I used spaghetti, broken in half to fit in pot better
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cups fresh spinach slightly chopped
1 medium sized onion, sliced
32 ounces of broth, I used chicken broth or you can use vegetable
2 - 14.5 ounces cans diced tomatoes, (NOT drained)
1/2 Tablespoon dried basil, or fresh
1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Place all ingredients in your pot.
Make sure to give it a stir so the liquid covers the pasta and veggies.
Place a lid on your pot and cook, on your stove, on high until it begins a rapid boil.
Uncover and turn flame to medium.
Continue cooking for 15 minutes more, pasta will absorb the liquid.
Stir occasionally so pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

DO NOT DRAIN.

Serve, top it with a little fresh grated Parmesan cheese.






5 comments:

  1. Just dropping in from MB Things I know!! I just had to pin this!! Yeah, its totally on the menu this week!! I can't wait to try it!!

    Hugs

    Shared on my FB page also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page! I will share on my Cooking On A Budget page on Facebook. I am all about easy and inexpensive. Feel free to visit my blog http://pattyandersonsblog.blogspot.com And thanks for this fabulous recipe. I am excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, thank you so much for your kind words!! :) I have a Thai version coming next week! -- stay tuned!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment on my blog. My readers mean the world to me!